About Specialty Practice
SHPA Specialty Practice includes more than 30 areas of practice, as listed below, and is a free member benefit for SHPA members.
Within each stream, there are three levels at which you can be involved^:
- Interest Group - the entry level for a Specialty Practice Stream, you can join as many Interest Groups as you wish. Interest Groups are for specialist AND generalist/rotational practitioners.
- Practice Group - these are SHPA's pool of member expertise in each specialty. Practice Groups are for members with demonstrable experience and/or emerging leaders in a specialty, who want to work with SHPA and the Leadership Committee and support members of the stream.
- Leadership Committee - for members who want deeper involvement in a specialty area and to lead SHPA's work in the specialty.
^ NOTE: Aid and Volunteering, Respiratory, Medical Specialties, and Neurology have Interest Group level only.
TO JOIN AN INTEREST GROUP
- LOGIN using the username and password for your Online CPD account to view the self-enrolment options on this page.*
- From the Interest Groups listed below, click on ⓘ to find out more and self-enrol in all Interest Groups you'd like to join.
If no self-enrolment option appears and you are able to access the Interest Group page, you are already enrolled.
- **NEW SHPA members** - please wait until you have received your member login details (allow one business day (Vic.) DO NOT create a new account.
*Please contact email@example.com if you are unable to see the self enrolment options or need assistance with your Online CPD account details.
TO JOIN A PRACTICE GROUP
After you have joined an Interest Group, you will find information about joining the Practice Group.
TO WITHDRAW FROM AN INTEREST OR PRACTICE GROUP
Please notify the Specialty Practice Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) which group(s) you wish to unenrol from and we will process your request.
LEADERSHIP COMMITTEE CHAIRS
Leadership Committee Chair Forum - for current Chairs of Leadership Committees