The learning objectives for this module are:
- Outline the steps involved in processing a medicines information enquiry.
- Identify core questions to ask to assist in answering medicines information enquiries.
- Outline core components of answering medicines information enquiries.
- Describe the importance and elements of plain language in answering medicines information enquiries.
- Outline key components of written and telephone responses to medicines information enquiries.
Accreditation number for this module: S2019/90
This activity has been accredited for 1 hour of Group-1 CPD (or 1 CPD credit), suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan.
The program addresses pharmacist competency standards, including:
Standard 2.2.3 Promote effective interprofessional practice
Standard 2.3.1 Use appropriate communication skills
(National Competency Standards Framework for Pharmacists in Australia, 2016)