This presentation will explain changes made to the Antimicrobial Stewardship Clinical Care Standard and include a Q & A session with panellists Dr Kathryn Daveson, Professor John Turnidge and Fiona Doukas.
Low dose Methotrexate is the first line treatment of choice for most patients with inflammatory arthritis. This webinar will provide an overview of the pathophysiology of these conditions, ‘explode’ the myths associated with the use of methotrexate and outline key practice points for pharmacists to consider when they are interacting with patients with inflammatory arthritis.
This webinar will cover the following learning objectives:
- Outline the role of buprenorphine depots in the treatment of opioid dependence
- Compare the pharmacokinetic profiles, evidence for use, adverse effects, and patient experiences of buprenorphine depot formulations
- Identify key considerations for buprenorphine depot use and management in a hospital setting and special patient populations
- Describe the process and dosing considerations of transferring a patient from sublingual to depot buprenorphine
- Overview studies examining buprenorphine depots, including the DEBUT and UNLOC-T studies
- Review case examples of buprenorphine depot use in practice
In this webinar two sites will share their experiences in providing undergraduate student placements during the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as describe challenges and successes along the way. The webinar will also provide an opportunity for questions and discussion with presenters and attendees. The COVID-19 pandemic is far from over, so learnings can be applied across sites in 2021.
The new eTG Toxicology & Toxinology outlines changes to the management of paracetamol and digoxin poisoning, management of snake and redback spider bites and outlines the use of bicarbonate for sodium channel blockade. Other improvements include ‘how-to’ guides for toxicology-specific interventions such as charcoal administration and whole bowel irrigation, new monographs, including quetiapine, pregabalin and NOACs, and updated approaches to the management of drug-induced complications.
This webinar will introduce medications used in solid organ transplant patients. It will include immunosuppressant choice and monitoring, infective and other prophylactic medications, medication dosing issues and the treatment of new onset diabetes after a transplant. Strategies to support patient adherence to critical medications and to promote good medication management will also be covered.